Can you disable a stolen Nintendo Switch?
If you don't have access to the primary console, you can deactivate a console from your Nintendo Account remotely; however, this can only be done once per year.
The Nintendo Switch doesn't come with an inbuilt tracker, so you can't track it like other devices. But if you have the serial number of the device, you can contact customer support and report the theft. They can track your device using their database and may be able to help you find and recover it.
From the HOME Menu, select System Settings. Select Screen Lock. To enable screen lock, select Lock Console in Sleep Mode. Select it again to disable it.
- Contact Nintendo and let them know the situation. 1-800-255-3700 (US) +44 (0)345 60 50 247 (Europe) +61 3 9730 9900 (Australia) +81-75-662-9600 (Japan) ...
- Be ready to provide your email address, Nintendo Account information, and serial number (if you have it).
A banned Switch doesn't have access to any online gaming or the eShop. Users can't download games or update their Switch, either. Offline games still work, like those in old-school gaming consoles. Bans are often put in place after a user tries to hack or tamper with the console, or after buying pirated games.
Using a web browser, visit accounts.nintendo.com. Sign in to the Nintendo Account you wish to deregister the primary console for. Select "Shop Menu". Select "Deregister Primary Console".
To unlock your Switch, you just need to wake the console up and then press the same button three times.
- This error code indicates the Nintendo Switch console you are using has been permanently banned from connecting online due to a breach of the user agreements.
- A breach of user agreements may include, but is not limited to, activities such as: Fraudulent or unauthorized transactions.
You can restrict your child's ability to exchange messages and images with other users. This restriction can also be set for individual games. The Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app does not include settings for the Nintendo Switch Online app.
They may ask you to read your console's serial number, so they check its status. If it's stolen, you'll have to return the device. But on the bright side, you won't get into trouble for owning a stolen Switch (you could otherwise). You can get in touch with the Nintendo support here.
Can a Switch be bricked?
What is “bricking”? The term means a device doesn't function completely, typically on a permanent basis. “It is as useless as a brick.” For the Nintendo Switch, this often appears as stuck in the boot screen or not booting at all.
The bricking problem has been a thing for the past several years and is most famously blamed on using third party devices to charge or dock the Switch, and VectorDriver breaks it all down in a semi-dense electrical engineer tutorial of conductors, voltage, and Switch innards.
- Select System Settings from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight Users, then select the appropriate user account to access the Profile Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings and select Delete User. ...
- Check the box next to Delete, then select Next. ...
- Select Delete this User.
Similar to mobile phones, a passcode on your Nintendo Switch will help prevent other people from opening certain games or software on your console without your consent. Unfortunately, there's still no official way to put a passcode on a Switch.
A switch lock is a lock which is designed to integrate with a switch to control the operation of the switch. Switch locks limit use of the switch to someone with a key to the lock.
If screen lock is enabled, the console screen will “lock” the moment the console enters sleep mode. When the console exits sleep mode, the Entrance screen is displayed. To unlock the screen press the same button three times.
A device suspension may include a temporary revoke of privileges on the console (such as communications or multiplayer), whereas a device ban permanently blocks an Xbox console or device from accessing the Xbox network.
The Switch can be put in Sleep Mode from the controller or by pressing a button on the console itself, while turning it off requires using both console and remote at once.
- Open the parental controls app.
- Tap Console Settings in the upper-right corner. ...
- In Console Settings, tap Play-Time Limit.